The theme for this year's International Plain Language Day Oct 13 #IPlainDay is Show and Tell. We need to use the work we do and the successes we make to spread the word about the benefits of plain language. A picture is worth a 1,000 words: seeing the before and after examples of a plain language project can have a huge impact.
Here are this year's 13 shares #plainshare2016 leading up to IPlainDay.
1. #plainshare2016 #plainlanguage improves business processes. Leads to happier clients. Plain Language in Plain English @CherylStephens www.lulu.com/spotlight/email1058
2. #plainshare2016 Ever been frustrated by confusing website links? #Plainlanguage creates client-centred links. http://bit.ly/2dnDlKv
3. #plainshare2016 #plainlanguage is critical to people's well being. Health industry embracing it. Patients demand it.
4. #plainshare2016 Information design impacts online content. Six global experts recommend guidelines. @firstwren
5. #plainshare2016 Legal professionals see #plainlanguage benefits. Like the Consumer Protection Act. bit.ly/2ctCPgs
6. #plainshare2016 Research shows #plainlanguage improves employee and org performance. Reduces time and money.
7. #plainshare2016 From happier customers, to less litigation, #plainlanguage can save time and money. http://bit.ly/2cXvKEg
8. #plainshare2016 Great return on investment. Check out this 9900% ROI on #plainlanguage by Neil James, PLAIN.
9. #plainshare2016 Nearly half of Canadians have literacy levels making reading difficult. #plainlanguage bridges gap.
10. #plainshare2016 #plainlanguage improves brand by making you known for 'accessibility' and being user-friendly.
11. #plainshare2016 #plainlanguage content translates better. @CherylStephens Best Practice: Plain Language article.
12. #plainshare2016 #Health and Safety info is healthier in clear language. US org reduces, removes and rewrites in #plainlanguage http://bit.ly/2dNkOqB
13. #plainshare2016. #plainlanguage learning can be fun! #Shakespeare! Why not? http://bbc.in/2dSBPk1
Use the hashtag #plainshare2016 to find out more.
Kate Harrison Whiteside has over 25 years experience in plain language, writing and editing, training and consulting.